- Toggle Section About
- Toggle Section Undergraduate
- Toggle Section Graduate
- Degree Completion
In order to earn an SB 2042 Clear Credential, the candidate must first hold an SB 2042 Preliminary Multiple or Single Subject Credential. To clear the preliminary credential, California requires completion of a CTC-approved induction program at the candidate's employing district. Many surrounding school districts offer CTC-approved induction programs. Candidates who take an induction program through their employing school district to clear their credential are invited to apply to Biola University Master's programs. As students take CTC-approved induction programs, they may earn credit in the M.A. in Education or M.A. in Teaching (up to a total of 12 induction credits) for a reduced rate of one-third the normal tuition for those 12 credits. Candidates completing a state-approved induction program may apply up to 12 credits of Biola student teaching graduate credit to their M.A. in Education or M.A. in Teaching in lieu of induction credit.
However, if the candidate presents verification (CL-855 form) from the employing agency (public school or WASC-accredited private school) indicating that an induction program is not available, he or she may apply for the CTC-approved online Clear Credential Program at Biola University which includes the courses listed under the Clear Credential Course Requirements. The Clear Credential courses can be taken as a stand-alone program or can be embedded as part of a 15-credit concentration in Biola's M.A.T. Personalized or M.A.Ed. Personalized Programs.
- Hold a California SB 2042 Preliminary Multiple or Single Subject Credential.
- Hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution.
- Have a minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Verify that a commission-approved induction program is not available through your employer (public school or WASC-accredited private school) by submitting the CL-855 CTC form.
- Submit the Coach and Placement Information form.
- Non-native English speakers must verify a score of 100 iBT on the TOEFL exam.
- Complete Biola University's Graduate Education Application.
- Interview with a member of the School of Education.
Official documents presented for admission or evaluation become part of the student's academic file and normally cannot be returned or copied for distribution.
Course must be passed with a grade of "B-" or higher.
|SEED 593||Clear Credential Candidate Professional Development 1||12|
Students admitted to the Multiple or Single Subject Clear Credential program at Biola University will enroll in SEED 593 for each of four semesters (a maximum of 12 credits may be applied toward M.A. credit). After four semesters, the course may still be taken but without credit. In some cases, candidates may be able to complete the Clear Credential requirements in less than four semesters.