- Toggle Section About
- Toggle Section Undergraduate
- Toggle Section Graduate
Curriculum and Instruction Certificate
The School of Education at Biola University offers an online institution-sponsored 12-credit certificate in Curriculum and Instruction. This certificate prepares classroom teachers who serve, or wish to serve, in writing or editing curricula for school districts or for publication. The 12-credit Curriculum and Instruction Certificate can be taken as a stand-alone program or can be embedded as part of a 15-credit concentration in Biola’s M.A.T. or M.A.Ed. programs. The institution-sponsored certificate requires that all coursework be passed with a grade of "B" or higher.
- Applicants must have completed all bachelors requirements prior to the start of the program and must have a bachelors degree conferred from a regionally accredited institution prior to the start of the second term.
- Have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Complete Biola University's Graduate Education Application.
- Interview with a member of the School of Education.
Official documents presented for admission or evaluation become part of the student's academic file and normally cannot be returned or copied for distribution.
Students who pass any four of the six courses listed below with a grade of "B" or higher will qualify for the Curriculum and Instruction Certificate:
|Select four courses from the following:||12|
|Grant Writing, Book Proposal, and Textbook|
|Learning, Motivation, and Student Engagement|
|Current Issues in Education and Education Policy|
|Preparing Textbooks for Publication|
|School Leadership and Professional Learning Communities|