- Toggle Section About
- Toggle Section Undergraduate
- Toggle Section Graduate
- Degree Completion
Special Education Certificate - Graduate
The School of Education at Biola University offers an online institution-sponsored 12-credit certificate in Special Education. This certificate assists regular classroom teachers who serve special needs students, teachers who plan to later earn their Special Education Credential, and administrators and curriculum specialists who desire to strengthen their special education expertise. The 12-credit Special Education Certificate can be taken as a stand-alone program or can be embedded as part of a 15-credit concentration in Biola's M.A.T. or M.A.Ed. programs. The institution-sponsored certificate requires that all coursework be passed with a grade of "B-" or higher.
- Hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution.
- Have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Verify possession of a Certificate of Clearance from the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
- Documentation of tuberculosis (TB) test clearance administered within 3 months prior to start of program.
- Non-native English speakers must verify a score of 100 iBT on the TOEFL exam.
- Complete Biola University's Graduate Education Application.
- Interview with a member of the School of Education.
Official documents presented for admission or evaluation become part of the student's academic file and normally cannot be returned or copied for distribution.
|Special Education Courses|
|SEED 561||Issues in Special Education||3|
|Select 9 credits of the following:||9|
|Assessment and Evaluation of Exceptional Learners|
|Teaching Students with Mild Disabilities in Inclusive Settings|
|Behavior and Classroom Management for Students with Special Needs|
|Introduction to Autism Spectrum Disorders|
|Candidates must have a paid subscription to Taskstream while taking Special Education courses.|