Organizational Leadership, B.S.
The mission of the Bachelor of Science in Organizational Leadership is to equip leaders and aspiring leaders to become servant leaders to influence the marketplace for Christ.
The Bachelor of Science in Organizational Leadership is an undergraduate major designed for students who have previously completed some academic work and preferably have some experience in a professional role. This program will provide students with the tools to advance their career and develop themselves as leaders. Through a year-round, fully online program, students can complete their degree on a schedule that works for them, while still receiving a quality curriculum, caring professors, integration of Biblical values, and a focus on Business as Ministry for which the Crowell School of Business is known.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Bachelor of Science in Organizational Leadership, students will demonstrate learning outcomes in:
- Biblical Leadership: Students will assess their own leadership style and demonstrate how to apply this style to successfully lead organizations using the Biblical model of servant leadership (ULO 2).
- Organization and Team Success: Students will be able to articulate leadership principles that will support high-functioning teams and organizational success (ULO 3).
- Biblical Diversity: Students will be able to explain the value of a diverse workforce within an organization and the underlying Biblical principles that support diversity (ULO 2).
- Communication: Students will demonstrate effective written, oral, and digital communication skills and develop appropriate organizational communication strategies (ULO 1, 2).
- Decision Making: Students will be able to analyze business information and apply this analysis to formulate ethical, evidence-based decisions (ULO 1, 3).
Each Program Learning Outcome (PLO) listed above references at least one of the University Learning Outcomes (ULO 1, 2, 3), which may be found in the General Information section of this catalog.
- Must be a believer in the Christian faith (the applicant's statement of faith will be articulated in the personal essay section of the application).
- Must have at least a 2.5 cumulative college GPA.
- Must have graduated from high school or earned an equivalent degree (GED).
- Preference will be given to students with at least three years' work experience.
- Students with fewer than 15 semester credits post high school, must apply as a transfer student and meet the admission requirements for First-Time College Students. In addition, students are required to:
- Submit SAT/ACT scores, or
- If no test scores, the Post Traditional Test-Optional process will be used.
Credit for Prior Learning
The following BUSN courses may be fulfilled by credit for prior learning experience and prior learning assessment (PLA) in the Organizational Leadership program: BUSN 205, BUSN 215, BUSN 230, BUSN 328, BUSN 347, BUSN 361. See the Department for details.
|Program-Specific Core Curriculum Courses|
|The Core Curriculum requirement for Kinesiology and Health Science has been waived for this major. The following course is required to fulfill the Core Curriculum requirement for Writing Competency:|
|Writing in the Disciplines (Business and Accounting section)|
|Biblical Interpretation and Spiritual Formation|
|Foundations of Christian Thought|
|Old Testament History and Literature|
|New Testament History and Literature|
BBST Integrative course (taken as BUSN 319)
BBST Integrative course (taken as BUSN 320)
BBST Integrative course (taken as BUSN 376)
BBST Integrative course (taken as BUSN 422)
BBST Integrative Course (taken as BUSN 491)
|BUSN 205||Economic Principles||3|
|BUSN 215||Accounting and Finance for Business Leaders||3|
|BUSN 230||Introduction to Marketing||3|
|BUSN 260||Introduction to Leadership||3|
|BUSN 319||Organizational Ethics||3|
|BUSN 320||Human Capital Management||3|
|BUSN 328||Organizational Behavior||3|
|or APSY 410||Psychology in the Workplace|
|BUSN 347||Global Business Environment||3|
|BUSN 361||Business Law||3|
|BUSN 376||Business as Ministry and Mission||3|
|BUSN 422||High-Performance Leadership||3|
|BUSN 424||Data Driven Leadership||3|
|BUSN 425||Leading Diverse Organizations||3|
|BUSN 491||Capstone for Organizational Leadership||3|
|COMM 387||Organizational Communication||3|
|Select 3 credits of BUSN elective courses||3|