Ministry, D.Min. (Strengthening the Skills of a Shepherd - Korean Language)
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Doctor of Ministry, students will be able to:
- Integrate theological reflection with knowledge about the practice of ministry to assess the suitability of various solutions to a ministry problem (ULO 3).
- Utilize library resources and appropriate social science research to develop a research-based solution to a ministry problem (ULO 3).
- Implement a reasonable solution to a ministry problem (ULO 3).
- Demonstrate Christian virtues and spiritual maturity in academic work (ULO 2).
Each Program Learning Outcome (PLO) listed above references at least one of the University Learning Outcomes (ULO 1, 2, 3), which may be found in the General Information section of this catalog.
Applicants must have a Master’s Degree in a ministry-related area with a minimum 3.0 GPA from an accredited school (or its educational equivalent). While this is evaluated by the Doctor of Ministry Office on a case-by-case basis, we typically look for at least 36 semester credits of graduate theological education in the areas of Biblical Studies, Christian Thought, and Ministry Praxis. Applicants must also demonstrate significant ministerial experience, typically at least three years of vocational ministry experience in church or parachurch organizations. We are also willing to consider appropriate part-time or full-time, paid or unpaid, ordained, licensed, or appointed ministry leadership positions.
Admission of Non-Native English-Speaking Students
It is essential that non-native English speaking students be able to understand directions and lectures in English and be able to express their thoughts clearly in spoken and written English. The D.Min. department will determine English proficiency on a case by case basis, but will consistently look for at least one of the following criteria to be met:
- A TOEFL score of at least 600 PBT, 250 CBT, 100 IBT, or IELTS score of 7.5.
- An appropriate master's degree, from an accredited school, in an English-speaking program, with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Completion of the Biola English Language Program (ELP) with passing status on the ELP’s final exit exam, which must be approved by the English Language Program Director in collaboration with the academic program committee. An updated TOEFL or IELTS score may be used at the end of a term to test directly into the graduate program for the following term.
The D.Min. program reserves the right to accept a student on a probationary basis if English language proficiency is in doubt, even if the applicant can demonstrate adequate satisfaction of either criteria mentioned above.
Some specializations may be available in other languages besides English. In these specializations, the English proficiency requirement may be waived.
- Complete the six courses required for their chosen specialization.
- Achieve a 3.0 cumulative grade point average.
- Submit an acceptable doctoral project. All D.Min. students are required to complete a doctoral project.
- Complete all program requirements within twelve semesters.
- Adhere to the academic standards of Talbot School of Theology.
- Submit graduation forms to the Doctor of Ministry office a semester before intended graduation.
This specialization is offered for Korean pastors and taught in Korean.
|TTMN 892||Doctoral Project Proposal Submission||0|
|TTMN 880||Year Four Doctoral Project I||0|
|TTMN 881||Year Four Doctoral Project II||0|
|TTMN 882||Year Five Doctoral Project I 1||0|
|TTMN 883||Year Five Doctoral Project II 1||0|
|TTMN 884||Year Six Doctoral Project I 1||0|
|TTMN 885||Year Six Doctoral Project II 1||0|
|Strengthening the Skills of a Shepherd Specialization Courses|
|TTMN 922||Preaching in the Korean Church I||6|
|TTMN 923||Preaching in the Korean Church II||6|
|TTMN 924||Spiritual Formation in the Korean Church I||6|
|TTMN 925||Spiritual Formation in the Korean Church II||6|
|TTMN 926||Leadership in the Korean Church I||6|
|TTMN 927||Leadership in the Korean Church II||6|