Business Management, B.S.
The mission of the Bachelor of Science in Business Management is to equip adult students to complete the calling God has given them to practice business as ministry.
The Bachelor of Science in Business Management is an undergraduate major designed for students who have previously completed some academic work and preferably have some experience in the business world. This program will provide students with the tools to advance their career and become stronger business leaders. Through a year-round, fully online program, students can complete their degree on a schedule that works for them, while still receiving a quality curriculum, caring professors, integration of Biblical values, and a focus on Business as Ministry for which the Crowell School of Business is known.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Bachelor of Science in Business Management, students will be able to:
- Analyze and process business information in a manner that is logical, reflective, researched and applicable to managerial decision-making (ULO 3).
- Present information orally and in writing for informational, persuasive, argumentative and expressive purposes while giving appropriate consideration to audience, context and format. Ability to connect to others in a deep and direct way, to sense and stimulate reactions and desired interactions (ULO 3).
- Apply quantitative, statistical and financial methods to analyze, interpret, communicate and address challenges in organizations. Ability to translate vast amounts of data into abstract concepts and to understand data based reasoning (ULO 1).
- Demonstrate the ability to synthesize management concepts with Biblical values to create sound business strategies (ULO 2).
Each Program Learning Outcome (PLO) listed above references at least one of the University Learning Outcomes (ULO 1, 2, 3), which may be found in the General Information section of this catalog.
- Must be a believer in the Christian faith (the applicant's statement of faith will be articulated in the personal essay section of the application).
- Must have at least a 2.5 cumulative college GPA.
- Must have graduated from high school or earned an equivalent degree (GED).
- Preference will be given to students with at least three years' work experience.
- Students with fewer than 15 semester credits post high school, must apply as a transfer student and meet the admission requirements for First-Time College Students. In addition, students are required to:
- Submit SAT/ACT scores, or
- If no test scores, the Post Traditional Test-Optional process will be used.
|Program-Specific Core Curriculum Courses
|The Core Curriculum requirement for Kinesiology and Health Science has been waived for this major. The following courses are required to fulfill the Core Curriculum requirement for Math and Writing Competency:
|Writing in the Disciplines
|Biblical Interpretation and Spiritual Formation
|Foundations of Christian Thought
|Old Testament History and Literature
|New Testament History and Literature
BBST Integrative course (taken as BUSN 319)
BBST Integrative course (taken as BUSN 320)
BBST Integrative course (taken as BUSN 376)
BBST Integrative course (taken as BUSN 422)
BBST Integrative course (taken as BUSN 478)
|Principles of Accounting I
|Principles of Accounting II
|Management Information Systems
|Introduction to Marketing
|Human Capital Management
|Global Business Environment
|Business as Ministry and Mission
|Capstone for Business Management
|Select 3 credits of BUSN elective courses
|Program Course Requirements: 48 credits
|Core Curriculum Requirements 1
See Core Curriculum Program section for details.